DLL based product protection arrives

I've spent longer than you can imagine trying to protect my intellectual property from illegal distribution over the web. The main problem with Metatrader is the ease of decompilation. I looked at FX1.net's Guardian product back in April this year and then again a few days ago. It's improved in terms of it's stability but after a couple of days testing I decided it wasn't fit for purpose and certainly wasn't suitable for distribution to active traders using FX AlgoTrader products.

After two days of re-engineering my code to work with Guardian I had to ditch the whole lot and start looking at an in house solution.

I am very pleased to say that I managed to dust off my old C skills (20 years old now!) and created my first DLL/MT4 integration in about 3 hours. From now on all FX AlgoTrader products will be delivered with an integrated DLL. Also products will only be shipped to numbered MT4 accounts.

I would far rather spend my time developing additional and improved forex trading software but the illegal crackers/hackers/distributors and general low life are threatening the business to the extend that I have had no choice but to spend ALL MY TIME protecting my IP.

Now all existing (and new) FX AlgoTrader customers will enjoy exclusive usage and support for existing and ongoing products in the development pipeline.

If people realised how much software theft impacted a small developer they might ( I would hope) see the error in their ways. Microsoft might not be too bothered about this sort of thing but it tears the heart out of a small software business.

Comments

  1. Hey Everyone,

    Below is a list of the highest ranking forex brokers:
    1. Best Forex Broker
    2. eToro - $50 minimum deposit.

    Here is a list of the best forex tools:
    1. ForexTrendy - Recommended Odds Software.
    2. EA Builder - Custom Indicators Autotrading.
    3. Fast FX Profit - Secret Forex Strategy.

    Hopefully these lists are helpful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment